About the project

chart: The Family Sampler from Little House Needleworks
fabric: 40 count Buttercream linen
floss: DMC and overdyed silk (silk from Vikki Clayton at Hand-Dyed Fibers)

Friday, September 24, 2010

I decided to go with the brown

I decided to start on the inner brown border, rather than continuing with the green floss and stitching the stems. Tomorrow I go to take my darling Francis Xavier to the vet, quite possibly for the last time, and I wanted to have something 'mindless' to work on while I wait for Dr. Suzy to see us. Here's what I accomplished in 45 minutes:


Like the green, the brown floss is a mystery spool from Vikki Clayton at Hand-Dyed Fibers. Both have a lovely, soft flow of color that is just beautiful IRL, but isn't really noticeable in my photos.

Total stitching time: 11 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment