About the project

chart: The Family Sampler from Little House Needleworks
fabric: 40 count Buttercream linen
floss: DMC and overdyed silk (silk from Vikki Clayton at Hand-Dyed Fibers)

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Some progress, some problems.

I still love this project. Good thing, given the trouble I'm having. Stitching on the 40 count linen one I mounted the fabric on scroll rods was too difficult. And frogging on 40 count--even harder!  After almost throwing in the towel and starting the entire project over again on 28 count evenweave I decided to take the fabric off of the scroll rods and try a hoop again. Much better!  I managed to get a few of the little strawberries stitched in about the time I was spending to stitch a single berry. 


It is a good thing I took the fabric off the rods--look what I found:


Seems I never finished the inside border! Now to figur out what floss I used...

And here's what the top of the project looks like:


With the fabric off of the rods I can turn this into a carry-with project, so I'm not going to work on anything else until I have this one finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment